Saturday, January 11, 2014

Seasons



"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."
Ecclesiastes 3:1

I love how creative God is. While I love all of the seasons, my absolute favorite season is fall. I love the changing color of the leaves on the trees. Especially the really, really, bright red and green ones. It is just another sign of how in control God is. It's his world and creation. 

I have really been thinking about seasons lately. Not the typical 4 seasons though. The seasons I am talking about are the ones we experience in our daily life. Singleness, births, deaths, hurt, anger, sadness, bitterness, peace, marriage, family, and many others that we face during time here on earth. The other night at Bible study a good friend mentioned seasons and how God uses those seasons to mature us in our walk. Although we can't see it at the time, God's timing is perfect. When you face those dark seasons, try to face them without complaining. Philippians 2:13 says, …"for it is God who works in you to will and act in order to fulfill his good purpose." That season you are facing, whether good or bad, has a purpose. There have been seasons I have been through that I wish I would have handled differently. Now, looking back, I can see the lesson that God was trying to teach me in and through those seasons. 

One of my favorite verses is, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances (seasons); for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." When you face any season, the good, the bad, or the ugly, try to remember this verse and give thanks in the season. We aren't instructed to give thanks of our circumstances, but we are instructed to give thanks in our circumstances. 

"Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again."
Sarah Ban Breathnach





Stay Salty,

Annie

















1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Anna. No truer words could have been said. I really needed to be reminded of this this right now.

    ReplyDelete