Sunday, February 16, 2014

Armor Continued

Good afternoon! I hope you enjoyed this beautiful Sunday afternoon outside! It was such a pretty day! Thankful that God allowed us to remember what warm weather was like! I got to spend it with some of my peeps and we had a good time. We played, rather attempted, to play volleyball. After that, a few of us attempted disc golf--epic fail. It was fun though. I don't think the trees whose bark I chipped off would agree though! ;)  Needless to say, it was a good time with some pretty awesome people. 

I hope you were able to learn the first part of Ephesians 6:10,11. I also hope that this week when the devil put bad images in your mind that you clung to this verse. Be strong in the Lord and his MIGHTY power. I don't know about you but my flesh sure battled with me this week. Here are a few things my flesh desired this week: a nice new house, new bedding, new clothes, a house at the beach, a long trip to the beach, and the list goes on and on. None of these things will make me happy or satisfy me. The devil and his schemes…He's good at what he does. When I caught myself desiring these things, I would repeat the verse for the week. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take a stand against the devil's schemes. See, I wasn't being thankful for what I did have. I have a nice house, bedding, clothes, a house on the beach--just kidding about that one, and many more materials. That is something the devil is good at too. Make us want more when we already have enough. Like I said, he's good at what he does and that is why Paul instructs us to put on the armor of God so that we will be ready when he strikes. 

For this next week, we will be learning verse 12. Hopefully by the end of the week, you will be able to recite both parts of Ephesians 6:10-12. It will be another verse hidden in your heart! Here is the part you and I will be learning:


For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
Ephesians 6:12

Until next time,

Stay Salty,

Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment