Friday, December 19, 2014

Chasing After the Wind

"I have seen all the things that
 are done under the sun;
 all of them are meaningless,
 a chasing after the wind."
Ecclesiastes 1: 14

Do you ever feel like you are chasing after the wind??? Boy, I have and especially here lately. I'll spare you all the details, but I have just felt………dry, dissatisfied, drained, and down right discouraged--just to name a few. I don't know about you but, it's like I chase after all of these things and once I get what I am after, it doesn't really satisfy me and I start chasing after the next thing that I think will. Isn't it crazy how FAST we humans can become so unsatisfied??? 
 I haven't been in The Word much here lately and I have never read or studied the book of Ecclesiastes extensively, but I woke up this morning wanting to read this book. Thank you, Spirit, because this scripture was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. Even Solomon knew that all of his wisdom, wealth, and power were meaningless without God and would never make him happy apart from God. This was a good reminder for me. The world we live in is an illusion. It promotes that the more you have the happier you will be. Do not be tricked. It is okay to have things, but it is not okay to think those possessions will satisfy your soul. Only Jesus can do that. :)

So let's stop chasing after the wind and find our true happiness in Jesus. 

Stay Salty,

Annie


No comments:

Post a Comment