Monday, May 26, 2014

Faith That Moves Mountains

Have you ever wondered how some people have so much faith?? I have been blessed with an amazing family that believes in and loves Jesus. Many of my family members have an unbelievable amount of faith. I have faith but most of the time it is as small as a mustard seed. 

I serve a God that flooded the world and showed grace to Noah's family, a God who parted the Red Sea so that his chosen people could be freed from slavery, a God who knocked down Jericho by having Joshua and his army MARCH around the city, and a God who allowed his son to die for my sins and RAISE him back up so that I could have a relationship with him FOREVER. If my God can do that, why on EARTH do I sometimes struggle with faith??? 

The thing about faith is you have to be confident and know that Jesus is who God says he is. The Messiah. In Hebrews 11, it talks about faith in action. Here is a verse that stuck out to me as I was reading (Hebrews 11:6) :

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."


This verse makes me want to please him. Faith is ongoing. You never get it and then stop needing it. I don't know about you, but I want a faith that moves mountains!

Until next time….

Stay Salty

Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment